he China State Development Planning Committee has established that China’s textile
industry should pursue the world’s technical development by increasing technical progress and
industrial upgrading. As part of its 10th five-year plan, the goals, broken down by industry
segment, are as follows:
• Continue to move from shuttle looms to weaving machines.
• Enhance the share of new technologies, such as blowing-carding units,
combers and shuttleless looms.
• Sixty percent of the spinning machines should reach the 1990s
international level, as well as 30 percent of the combers, 50 percent of knot-free and fine-count
yarn, and 40 percent shuttleless cloth.
• Continue to replace old wool spindles.
• Actively employ new techniques such as bicomponent and wrap spinning.
• Multiply materials to increase variety.
• Develop high-count yarns and lightweight products, and increase the
share of high-rank fabrics to 70 percent for the purpose of expanded exports.
• Optimize the existing linen-processing capacity.
• Stress the development of degumming of ramie; combing; draft-zone
spinning; dyeing, printing and finishing techniques; and technologies for evenness, colorfastness
and brilliance of textile strands.
• Improve the convenience of apparel and expand the usage in garment and
• Replace the old production capacity of silk reeling, silk spinning and
silk weaving; and accelerate the technical reform of existing equipment.
• Develop a new silk composite fiber with real silk as a main factor.
• Realize the serialization of silk-content material.
• Develop high-level real silk products.
• Enhance the level of finishing techniques such as shrink-proof and
• Develop chemical silk-like products.
• Develop silk products of blended spinning, interlacing and cross
• Fully demonstrate the softness, prettiness and comfort; and wholly
promote the quality of silk fabrics.
• Emphasize increasing the share of large-diameter circular knitting
• Enhance the design capacity for new products.
• Stress the development of new materials and the application of
• Develop health-giving knitted fabrics, knitted outerwear, high-grade
knitted underwear, and high-grade warp-knitted fabrics.
• Expand the export of knitted fabrics.
Chemical Fiber And Chemical Fiber Material Industries:
• Differential rate of chemical fiber in 2005 should amount to 40 percent;
and the big enterprise of annual output of more than 100 thousand tons should make a proportion of
about 60 percent in terms of production capacity.
• Build several bases of chemical fiber and material production.
• Construct effective connections between upstream and downstream.
• Form a processing vertical system from material, laddering to finishing
for the purpose of enhancing risk-tolerance.
• Emphasize the development of new materials, such as xylene formate,
glycol, caprolactam and acrylonitrile.
• Actively develop new varieties of synthetic fiber and expand their
• Stress the development of functional fibers, differential fibers and
compound fibers in the development, production and application of a new generation of
multifunctional, high artificial, fine-denier and blended filaments as represented by polyester
• Promote the production of silk-like and wool-like fabrics, which have
the characteristics of new synthetic fibers.
• Highlight the development of new types of antistatic,
high-moisture-absorbent, high anti-pilling tendency and flame-retardant fibers.
• Actively research and develop new solvent spinning process for cellulose
• Speed up the application of viscose environmental technology.
• Adopt environment-protecting measures in the treatment of three wastes
of viscose and the treatment of pulping water.
Industrial Textile Industry:
• Actively develop industrial textiles based on demand.
• Make industrial textiles the new developing point of industry and
develop tent fabric, cultivation base, geotextiles, medical textiles, industrial textiles,
construction textiles, environmental fabric, lagging material, packing material, skeleton material
and car upholstery material.
Textile Machinery Industry:
• Spare no efforts to launch 40 machinery development projects in chemical
fiber, spinning, weaving, knitting, and dyeing and finishing sectors, in order to meet the need for
industrial upgrading and equipment updating.
• Research and develop large, abbreviated and serialized equipment for
polyester, polyester fiber, acrylic fiber, urethane elastic fiber and viscose.
• Develop new generation of blowing-carding units, combing machines,
spinning-winding units and spinning machines.
• Enhance the technical level and liability of auto-winders and
shuttleless looms — develop their serial products and their auxiliaries.
• Research and develop a new generation of electronic jacquard circular
weft-knitting machines, warp-knitting machines and computer flat-knitting machines.
• Develop a new generation of machines for predyeing and printing
treatments, dyeing, printing and finishing.
• Broadly use electronic technology.
Dyeing, Printing And Finishing Industry:
• Continue reforming the technology because printing, dyeing and finishing
directly influence color, hand and style.
• While introducing foreign technologies, also develop our own
technologies and intellectual property. The technology, technique, equipment, dyeing and printing
stuff and aids will develop accordingly along sectors of spinning, weaving, dyeing and garment.
• Raise the level of technologies for natural fiber finishing; artificial
chemical fiber dyeing and finishing; blended and compound fiber dyeing and finishing; enzymatic
finishing; clean processing; laser lignette; and non-stencil dyeing, finishing and printing.
• Develop high-value-added products and environmental products. The share
of high-grade fabrics will reach 60 percent at the time, which will satisfy the need for garment
industry and export.
• Optimize the capacity of garment processing.
• Well associate garment processing with designing and fashion tracing.
• Associate production with marketing.
• Actively adopt the strategy of brand and increase the profile of Chinese
brands in domestic and international markets.
• Pay more attention to the development of well-known brands of clothing,
especially for children, the elderly, the middle-aged and special usage.
• Research and develop environmental, health-giving clothing and clothing
for rural areas, for the purpose of satisfying multilevel demand of the domestic market and also to
Source: CITME Organizing Committee