RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. — August 1, 2023 — AATCC Foundation awards thousands of dollars per year to students studying in textile-related fields. Congratulations to all recipients for the 2023-2024 academic year!
In addition to direct funding for tuition, Foundation scholars receive free registration for the AATCC Textile Discovery Summit in September and one year of complimentary AATCC membership to help them connect with industry professionals and launch a career in textiles. Scholarship recipient Madi Petri said, “I am so thankful to the AATCC Foundation and to those on the Charles H. Stone Scholarship committee for giving me this incredible opportunity. I look forward to seeing other AATCC members at the 2023 Textile Discovery Summit.”
Students, the application for 2024-2025 scholarships opens November 1. The application for research support grants is open now through October 15! Visit www.aatcc.org/foundation/#grants for more information about funding for your undergraduate or graduate research.
Charles H. Stone Scholars
The $6,000 Stone scholarship is available to students studying polymer or textile chemistry at North Carolina State University or Clemson University.
- Sophie Frain, Junior, Polymer and Color Chemistry, North Carolina State University
- Sruthi Koppol, Junior, Polymer and Color Chemistry, North Carolina State University
- Emma Myer-Medina, Senior, Polymer & Color Chemistry, North Carolina State University
- Madigan Petri, Sophomore, Polymer and Color Chemistry, North Carolina State University
Charles E. Gavin III Family Scholar
This $6,000 scholarship is awarded to up to two students per year at the Georgia Institute of Technology, School of Materials Science and Engineering.
- Helen Liu, Junior, Materials Science and Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
Gordon & Marjorie Osborne Scholar
Osborne scholars receive $5,000 toward undergraduate education in textile engineering, textile chemistry, textile science or a related discipline.
- Nika Sumikawa, Junior, Textile Technology, North Carolina State University
Woodruff Textile Manufacturing Scholar
The Percy W. Woodruff Jr. Textile Manufacturing Scholarship is a $2,000 scholarship supporting a non-traditional, undergraduate student in Clemson University’s Department of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE).
- Marcus Murdoch, Junior, Materials Science and Engineering, Clemson University
This year, AATCC Foundation is providing scholarships to about 25 students at 8 universities in programs ranging from fashion design to materials engineering. Learn about other 2023-2024 scholarship recipients at www.aatcc.org/foundnews.
Posted: August 10, 2023
Source: AATCC Foundation