BERGAMO, Italy — September 8, 2021 — Today, Electronics For Imaging, Inc. is launching its third new digital textile printer of 2021, delivering the world’s highest real production throughput for a scanning digital textile printer. The EFI™ Reggiani HYPER is a scanning printer available in 1.8-metre, 2.4-metre or 3.4-metre widths. With an up to eight-colour configuration, the EFI Reggiani HYPER prints at up to 13 linear metres per minute in production mode, making it the fastest textile scanning printer on the market. The new printer is suitable for high-quality production on knitted or woven fabrics and is designed with smart technology that enables it to be integrated into Industry 4.0 projects.
EFI is promoting the new EFI Reggiani HYPER printer in an exhibit at the 8-11 September TME Exhibition Textile Machinery Fair, at the Istanbul Expo Center, in hall 1, stand D7.
“Our track record of accelerated innovation continues, as we make good on our promises to deliver a third new textile printer this year,” said EFI Reggiani Senior Vice President and General Manager Adele Genoni. “And, with the new HYPER model, our R&D team has outdone itself, bringing even more innovation to digital textile printing despite the constraints of the pandemic. We have learned from our customers how productivity and sustainability are key drivers to support their business through the digital transformation.”
The new EFI Reggiani HYPER targets the industrial high-speed segment of the multi-pass textile printing sector. Not only is it the fastest multi-pass printer that EFI Reggiani has ever developed, but the fastest of its kind in the market with an extraordinary printing quality at unparalleled speed. Users can override limits seen in past, as the new HYPER model delivers throughput speeds comparable to some single-pass printers currently in the market.
The printer is powered by EFI Reggiani genuine inks, with high-quality formulas developed to ensure the best performance in terms of runnability and longer printhead life while producing astonishing colour depth and brightness, as well as excellent fastness properties.
Unique printhead design for advanced productivity
“We are especially excited about filling out our portfolio with a very dependable, very fast printer that delivers greater throughput than other scanning printers,” said Genoni. “Thanks to a unique design for its 72 printheads – which recirculates ink up to the heads’ nozzle plate – and the legacy EFI Reggiani continuous ink recirculation system, HYPER is also a champion for uptime and reliability, maximising printer availability for production with excellent printing results.
“With HYPER, textile producers will benefit from a truly remarkable production solution that builds on EFI Reggiani’s many years of experience and innovation in textile printing.”
The EFI Reggiani HYPER printer features:
- 72 recirculating print heads with 600-dots per inch (dpi) native resolution and full variable drop size.
- Recirculation up to the nozzle plate and an innovative printhead maintenance system featuring contactless wiping to help ensure that printheads are ready to print.
- Enhanced, proprietary auto-calibrating continuous ink recirculation system to reduce maintenance at start up and during production.
- A double bridge that provides maximum stability and accuracy, while ensuring easy carriage access for smooth maintenance on all the printheads.
- A wide range of printing modes, including EFI Reggiani’s legacy high uniformity printing modes, to ensure outstanding quality and extreme design versatility. Users gain much more capability and versatility, eliminating the limits faced with printing solid colours, geometric patterns, fine lines, deep blacks, smooth gradients and more, while satisfying their need for speed.
- EFI Reggiani proprietary electronics and software with real-time image processing and no image pre-calculation time prior to printing. This enables production of design changes on the fly with a complete WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) experience to maximise throughput and productivity.
- A precision Kevlar® conveyor belt with an embedded magnetic device for adhesive application, along with EFI Reggiani’s original longitudinal belt movement control to ensure optimal and accurate belt movement, even when running at high speed.
- Longitudinal belt movement control for extreme belt precision during high-speed printing.
- Several fabric feed and take-up options, including an oscillating brace for folding, a small roll winder up to 400 mm, or a big roll winder up to 1,600 mm.
- An industrial dryer with symmetrical ventilation and high-efficiency exhaust capacity powered by gas, electricity, oil or steam.
The new printer is commercially available worldwide as of this month. For more information about EFI Reggiani and other products and solutions from EFI, visit www.efi.com.
Posted September 8, 2021
Source: Electronics For Imaging, Inc. (EFI™)