SEOUL, Korea — May 29, 2019 — Propelled by the craving for challenge and a healthier lifestyle, the popularity of outdoor endurance sports is on the rise. To help construct the best multi-sport apparel for endurance sports enthusiasts, Hyosung, the world’s largest spandex manufacturer, has developed new high-performance creora® ActiFit spandex, which the company will launch at the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in Denver, June 18-20, 2019.
creora® ActiFit spandex provides the long-lasting durability, UV and chlorine resistance, and superior recovery required of cycling, swimming, triathlon and adventure racing apparel where athletes can encounter numerous environmental surroundings – whether it be salt water, intense sun or a rocky crag.
“The last thing an endurance athlete or outdoor enthusiast wants to worry about is if their gear is going to hold up in a race, or even over time,” said Mike Simko, Hyosung Global Marketing Director – Textiles. “Multi-sport apparel made with creora® ActiFit spandex will give athletes the confidence they need to focus on their sport and not be bothered by what they are wearing.”
At Outdoor Retailer, Hyosung will also feature a collection of multi-functional, sustainable fabrics and apparel under its in-house Fashion Design Center’s 2020 Megatrends ‘Connected, beyond’ presentation – Protect the Body and ECO-nomy.
Protect the Body ‘connected between human body and the environment’ is a stance whereby
apparel is not just an outfit – it must also function to protect against environmental conditions one might encounter. Previously, there were clear lines between ready-to-wear, sportswear and outdoor wear, but now there are no boundaries among them. People want both fashion and function. This trend leads outdoor brands to make fashionable outerwear designed for commuters and fashion brands to add function to daily wear – and even luxury-fashion apparel. It also led Hyosung to create its new creora® ActiFit spandex.
Highlighted materials within Protect the Body include:
- MIPAN aqua X® nylon and askin polyester are beyond cool – combining instant and sustained cooling with superior coverage
- aerolight lightweight polyester with outstanding wicking
- MIPAN aeroheat and aeroheat Extreme heat generating nylon and polyester offering the ultimate in warmth
- creora® Fresh spandex helps neutralize causes of body odor to keep you feeling fresh and comfortable
ECO-nomy ‘connected with responsible thinking’ is a viewpoint where sustainability is not just a concept, but a business. Brands will need to evolve to create more circular business models to win consumers over as they become more interested in the transparent process of sustainable materials and design.
Featured materials within ECO-nomy include:
- MIPAN regen® 100% pre-consumer recycled nylon – reduces energy consumption. GRS certified
- regen® 100% post-consumer recycled polyester – conserves petroleum resources. GRS certified
- creora® eco-soft for low heat settable, and soft hand elastane – saving energy
- creora® Black dope dyed black spandex – saving water
For more information, please visit Hyosung at the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market, booth 115-LL.
Posted May 29, 2019